Registration and Records - Metropolitan State University of Denver (2024)

  • Changes in Registration
  • Emergency Withdrawal
  • Falsified Transcripts and Diplomas
  • Full-time/Half-time Status
  • Legitimate Academic Interest
  • Official Transcripts
  • Preferred Name
  • Priority Registration
  • Selective Service Registration

All continuing students in good standing and all applicants accepted to the University are eligible to register each semester.

Students are responsible for ensuring that their address and phone number on file with the University are correct and up-to-date. Address changes may be made in-person with the Office of the Registrar, sent via fax to 303-556-3999, or via the Student Hub.

Information on the registration procedure, registration dates, and student responsibilities and obligations related to registration is available via the Student Hub.

Changes in Registration

Enrolled students may adjust their schedules by dropping and/or adding classes. Students must add or drop classes before the drop deadline. Students must follow proper drop or withdrawal procedures in the event that they do not attend a class.Failure to attend class does not constitute withdrawal.Students who do not officially withdraw or drop their classes will be assessed full tuition and fees.

Drop/refund and withdrawal deadlines are located via theStudent Hub on the Student Detail Schedule.

Students who reduce their course load after the drop deadline and before the withdrawal deadline will receive a “W” notation for each course they have dropped. Refer to the withdrawal policy in this catalog under Academic Policies and Procedures.

ALL STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL REGISTRATION TRANSACTIONS. Students are also responsible for following all drop deadlines.

Emergency Withdrawal

Called to Active Military Duty:

The University will assist any student called to active military service with reasonable accommodations. As a primary point-of-contact, students must work with the Office of the Registrar, Veteran Education Benefits in order to review all options prior to leaving the University. Depending on when in the semester the student is called to duty, they will have different options, including administrative drop, withdrawal, or incomplete.

Office of the Registrar, Veteran Education Benefits, Student Success Building, Suite 160 (#3), 303-556-3991,

Other Emergency Withdrawal:

Students who must withdraw during a semester due to unforeseen or extenuating circ*mstances including state or national emergency should see the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar will make the final determination for administrative withdrawal on a case-by-case basis. Students who request an administrative withdrawal may also request a tuition refund by filing a Tuition and Fees Appeal through the Office of the Bursar.

Office of the Registrar, Student Success Building, Suite 160 (#3), 303-556-3991,

Office of the Bursar, Student Success Building, Suite 150 (#4), 303-615-0070.

Falsified Transcripts and Diplomas

Altering, modifying, tampering with, or in any way falsifying an official Metropolitan State University of Denver transcript or diploma is a crime. The University has implemented multiple measures to detect such conduct. To protect the integrity and value of an MSU Denver degree, the Attorney General will vigorously prosecute, through the criminal justice system, those who commit these crimes.

In addition, students found responsible for falsifying an official MSU Denver transcript or diploma will face a University judicial hearing and appropriate sanctions may be imposed, including suspension, dismissal, and loss of credit, which could affect the student’s permanent record.

Definition of Full-time and Half-time Status

The following chart outlines the number of semester hours required to meet full-time and half-time status for fall, spring and summer semesters:

Full-Time6 or more semester hours
Half-Time3-5 semester hours
Less than Half-Time2 semester hours or less

Legitimate Academic Interest to Attend a Course

To attend a class, students must have a legitimate academic interest (e.g., be officially registered, waitlisted, auditing a course, enrolled through CU Denver pooled program, etc.). Individuals may not attend a class if they do not have a legitimate academic interest. Officially registered means that students have been accepted for admission by the University, and that the Course Reference Number (CRN) for the class is entered on the student’s registration record. The deadline to register for a full-semester class is the census date, specified on the Academic Calendar. There are pro-rated deadlines for all other courses outside of the full-semester courses.

Official Transcript (Official Academic Record)

The official transcript is a certified copy of a student’s permanent academic record. It contains the official signature of the registrar and the official seal of the University. Students may order transcripts by logging in via the Student Hub. There may be a delay in request depending on the end of term grading and posting of degrees. Transcripts will only be issued upon written request which should include:

  • Student’s full legal name as recorded while attending MSU Denver;
  • Student’s identification number;
  • Birth date;
  • Last term of attendance;
  • To whom and where the transcripts are to be sent
  • Number of copies desired; and
  • Student signature authorizing the release of records.

Transcripts will be withheld due to indebtedness to the University or for other appropriate reasons. Students who owe money to the University may contact the Office of the Bursar, 303-615-0070, to arrange payment.

Preferred Name

MSU Denver is aware that many of its students use a first name other than their legal name. As part of being a welcoming and inclusive campus, MSU Denver will implement changes to increase the use of the preferred first name. However, a student’s legal first name will continue to be necessary in certain records and communications; therefore, both the legal first name and preferred name (if desired) will be stored within primary information systems. To initiate the process to include a preferred first name, you must complete the Change of Information form with the Office of the Registrar:

Priority Registration

Priority registration is designed to enhance the University’s ability to help students achieve graduation status. The priority registration system allows students who have earned a certain amount of credits to register prior to other students who are further from graduation. Only passing grades and transfer credit are included in this calculation.

Priority registration also accommodates students with special circ*mstances that impact their ability to access the classes they need to maintain satisfactory progress toward the completion of their degree.

Priority registration is structured as follows:

  • Day 1 : Access Center students, Veteran students w/ VA benefits, tuition assistance, other special circ*mstances
  • Day 2: Students who have completed/transferred 40 or more credit hours
  • Day 3: Students who have completed/ transferred 31-39 credit hours
  • Day 4: Students who have completed/ transferred 21-30 credit hours
  • Day 5: Students who have completed/ transferred 0-20 credit hours
  • Day 19: Non-degree seeking students

Priority Registration Policy Updated July 5, 2018

Selective Service Registration Certification

As of July 1, 1993, any male student who fails to register for the Selective Service will be ineligible for federal student aid, according to the Military Service Act (Public Law 97-252).

Colorado Revised Statute 23-5-118 (selective service registration prerequisite to enrollment) requires all males between the ages of 18 and 26 to certify that they have registered with Selective Service before enrolling in any state-supported institution in Colorado. Any male who has not registered by his 26th birthday will be ineligible to enroll at the University. A Selective Service registration hold will be placed on the student’s account until the student registers with Selective Service at sss.govand provides a Selective Service Certification Form to the Office of the Registrar.

Registration and Records - Metropolitan State University of Denver (2024)


What is a passing grade at MSU Denver? ›

You should also know that the standardized tests often required for entrance to graduate school compare the performance of students from colleges and universities across the U.S. Students should also note that a D- is a passing grade and is acceptable in an MSU Denver Psychology class for the major and minor, although ...

How to register for classes at Metropolitan State University of Denver? ›

Student Hub Registration Guide
  1. Click on the “Menu” tab, then the “Students” Tab.
  2. This will bring you to a new page where you can select “Add/Drop/Withdraw Classes”
  3. Select the desired term from the drop-down menu and click continue.
  4. Select the subject and delivery method you want to search for then click “Search”.

What is the acceptance rate at MSU Denver? ›

What is the minimum GPA for MSU Denver? ›

Usually, a 2.0 average is required to graduate.

You are in “academic good standing” if you have a 2.0 or higher. If your GPA is below a 2.0, you will be placed on academic warning status.

Is a 1.0 GPA passing at MSU? ›

Credit is awarded at the following minimum levels: 1.0 for undergraduate students. 2.0 for graduate students. However, all grades are counted in the calculation of the grade-point average (GPA).

What GPA is to pass? ›

Each letter grade corresponds with a grade point average (GPA) and a numerical range. You'll usually need to receive a letter grade between A and D to pass a class, often the numerical equivalent of 65 percent or higher. Receiving an F—which stands for “fail”—indicates that you did not pass the class.

What is late enrollment at MSU Denver? ›

Late enrollment forms are for students that have been attending class since the beginning of the semester, but for whatever reason were not registered before the census date. This may include students that accidentally unenrolled themselves, or other specific circ*mstances in which they were not officially enrolled.

How much does it cost to apply to Metropolitan State University of Denver? ›

It's always FREE to apply!*

How do I drop out of MSU? ›

Undergraduate students should go through the Office of the Registrar to complete a university withdrawal. Graduate students need to work with The Graduate School if they wish to withdraw from the current semester.

Can I get into MSU with a 3.8 GPA? ›

Average GPA: 3.8

With a GPA of 3.8, Michigan State requires you to be near the top of your class, and well above average. You'll need mostly A's, ideally with several AP or IB classes to help show your preparation at a college level.

Is MSU Denver prestigious? ›

Metropolitan State University of Denver's ranking in the 2024 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities West, #94.

Is a 3.7 GPA good for MSU? ›

Michigan State University (MSU) typically admits students with an average GPA within the range of 3.5 to 4.0. This, however, is just an average, so it's not an absolute cutoff.

What is guaranteed admission at MSU Denver? ›

Guaranteed Admission Requirements

Students who have a cumulative, unweighted high school GPA of 2.0 or higher. Students age 20 and over with a high school diploma or a GED score of 145 or higher on all four sections.

How much is Metro State tuition? ›

Metropolitan State University of Denver's tuition is $10,690 for in-state and $29,630 for out-of-state students. Compared with the national average cost of in-state tuition of $11,560, Metropolitan State University of Denver is cheaper.

Can I get into MSU with a 2.9 GPA? ›

A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher with strong grade performance. 24 or more credits deemed transferable to MSU, earned after high school graduation. Applicants with less than 24 transferable credits are required to provide final high school transcripts.

What is failing a class at MSU? ›

If failing, a 0.0 (or N in a P-N graded course) will be assigned. The course will remain on the student's academic record.

Is 71 a passing grade in college? ›

Numerical and letter grades

However, there are some schools that consider a C the lowest passing grade, so the general standard is that anything below a 60% or 70% is failing, depending on the grading scale. In college and universities, a D is considered to be an unsatisfactory passing grade.

What is a passing grade at Colorado State University? ›

Certificate Requirements

A Certificate of Completion will be issued by CSU Online when all courses have been completed with a passing grade. For undergraduate students, a passing grade is equivalent to a D or better. For graduate students, a passing grade is equivalent to a C or better.

Is 53 a passing grade in college? ›

Many people wonder, “What is a passing grade in college?” Coming from high school, the grading system doesn't really change. In fact, a “D” is considered passing in both high school and college, as it's above 60%. While a passing grade may be as low as 60%, you will want to aim higher for many reasons.


Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Virgilio Hermann JD

Last Updated:

Views: 6423

Rating: 4 / 5 (61 voted)

Reviews: 84% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Virgilio Hermann JD

Birthday: 1997-12-21

Address: 6946 Schoen Cove, Sipesshire, MO 55944

Phone: +3763365785260

Job: Accounting Engineer

Hobby: Web surfing, Rafting, Dowsing, Stand-up comedy, Ghost hunting, Swimming, Amateur radio

Introduction: My name is Virgilio Hermann JD, I am a fine, gifted, beautiful, encouraging, kind, talented, zealous person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.